When at times when you don’t want to have a big afternoon meal but still hungry for some healthy filler to keep you going until dinner, Fruit salad comes to your rescue. And it is not everyday that you are lucky enough to get served by your husband. And when, once such an occasion presents itself, you may want to enjoy to the fullest as long as it lasts. And this is exactly what I did this Saturday. Out of the blue, my husband T offered to make fruit salad in the afternoon. He found all fruits available in the refrigerator – strawberry, banana, mango, grapes, pomegranate, and prepared a quick fruit salad for us. Both of us had different versions of fruit salad. I like tangy roadside fruit chat flavor and he loves the same with scoops of ice-cream. Whichever version you may prefer, it is just total bliss!
Fruit salad is not really a recipe which I need to pen down here. But the fruit salad pictures were so bright, colorful and precious to me for obvious reason that I decided to put it out here. It is really a quick mix that is delightfully healthy and delicious.
- Preparation Time: 5
- Cooking Time: 0
- Recipe Level: Easy
- Serves 2
- Source: None
- Cuisine: Universal
- 1 mango
- 1 pomegranate
- ½ kg of grapes
- 2 bananas
- ½ kg of strawberries
- Any other fruit
- 1 tsp chat masala (optional)
- Fresh cut lemon
- Cut grapes, strawberries in half and round slices for bananas
- Cut mangoes in cube and any other available fruit you have
- Mix the cut fruits and pomegranate seeds in a bowl
- Add chat masala and dash of lemon (optional) or enjoy with plain ice-cream
Enjoy fruit salad with ice-cream or chat masala combination.
- Add any fruit available to the above mix. More the better
- Add chat masala if you enjoy the tangy flavor of fruits. Chat masala is readily available in Indian stores or use ground chilly powder with salt as a substitute.